(updated July 2018)
- To give concise information surrounding all parties responsibilities.
- To maintain the financial viability of the service.
Parents will be given at least four weeks notice of impending fee increases. We try to schedule increases on a bi-annual basis around January and July.
- On Acceptance of a
child care placeall new families will be required to pay a non-refundable enrolment levy of $80 towards the cost of administration and enrolment pack (bag, hat, water bottle, sheet)
- Re-enrolment – existing families will be required to pay a non-refundable enrolment levy of $65 towards the cost of administration, consumables and enrolment pack (hat, water bottle)
When a place is accepted and a date identified for the commencement of care for a new child, the bond (see bond schedule below) is required to be paid no later than five working days after the position has been accepted or by the date specified in the Enrolment Letter of Offer.
Bond Schedule :
4 + enrolled days: $100 per Family
1 – 3 enrolled days: $50 per child – capped at $100 per Family
- Bond payments can be made by Direct Deposit/Bank Transfer, cash or cheque only
- Rainbow Valley Early Learning Centre will hold the Bond until the family leaves the service and is fully refundable provided all fees are paid up to date and the required 2 weeks notice in writing has been provided to the service.
- Upon leaving the service the family must complete a Bond Refund form – providing there is a bond balance remaining after fees are paid the bond amount will be refunded via direct debit with 4 weeks.
- Any request to reduce or terminate an enrolment is subject to two weeks notice in writing
. When leaving the Service – the last day of care (as per written notice given) cannot be an absence; CCS cannot be paid for an absence if this occurs and full fee will be charged . Families are required to give two weeks written noticeof intended holidays in order to receive the scheduled holiday rate ($20 per day discount).
- On acceptance of an enrolment, families will be offered a regular pattern of use. Attendance patterns may be between one and five days, Monday to Friday. We encourage families to consider a minimum booking of two days, as we find that children are more settled in this instance.
- Request to change an enrolment (increase or swap days) is subject to the two-week notice period and can only be accommodated where a vacancy exists and licensing requirements can be maintained. If the request is unable to be fulfilled the request will be recorded on the internal waiting list and will be offered if the request is available in the future.
- Casual/Additional days can be booked providing a vacancy exists and licensing requirements can be maintained – additional days will be charged as per the current fee schedule.
Absences (Initial 42 days)
- CCS is paid for up to 42 absence days for each child per financial year, absence days are referred to as ‘Initial 42 days absence’.
- Each child receives a new set of initial 42 absence days at the beginning of the financial year.
- These absence days can be taken for any reason.
- Public Holidays are charged at the normal daily rate.
- Public holidays are counted as an absence day if the child would normally have attended the service on that day (if it wasn’t a public holiday).
Once all of the initial 42 absences days have been used CCS will also be payable for absences taken for the following reasons:
- Illness (with a medical cert)
- Non-immunisation Rostered days off/rotating shift – with written evidence
- Shared care arrangements – a copy of documentation required
- Periods of local emergency
Absence days taken for the above reasons, after the first 42 absence days have been used, are called ‘Additional Absence Days’. There is no limit on the number of these days for which CCS may be paid as long as they are taken for the reasons specified above and supporting documentation is provided.
General Fee Info
Child carefees are charged for days booked, irrespective of whether the child attends the centre – the discounted holiday rate is applied if 2 weeks written notice is given . Normal Fees are payable for all Public Holiday’s if a public holiday falls on your usual enrolled day . Fees are payable by Parents/Guardians as agreed on the enrolment forms. All accounts must be paid fortnightly and a nil balance achieved.
- Statements of child care usage are emailed fortnightly.
- Payment of fees will be
directdebited from a nominated bank account or credit card using Debitsuccess Australia.
Payment Of Fees (Debitsuccess Pty Ltd)
- All Parent/Guardians are required to pay fees through Debitsuccess Australia – direct debit from a nominated cheque/savings account or credit card. Credit Card surcharges do apply.
- Direct Debit must be arranged prior to the child commencing care – Written authority is required and must be made on the appropriate Direct Debit Authority form provided in the enrolment pack.
- Direct Debits will occur on Wednesday’s fortnightly for Week 1 and Week 2 of child care usage. The scheduling of processing can be modified to suit individual families needs.
- It is the responsibility of the family to ensure that sufficient funds are available and that the correct bank account details are provided to ensure that fees are processed smoothly each week.
- Any charge or fee incurred as a result of insufficient funds being available will be the responsibility of the parent/guardian.
- Should a direct debit be unsuccessful you will be required to immediately bring fees up to date in the next week’s payment cycle.
You can download Direct debit authority form.
- If at any stage you experience financial difficulties, please speak to the Director or Administration Assistant immediately. We may be able to offer a negotiated payment plan option for families genuinely in need of assistance to ensure the gradual payment of fees.
- Failure to make agreed payments will lead to the termination of the enrolment and instant referral to an authorised Debt Collection Agency
. Families who leave the Centre with an outstanding account will be forwarded a final invoice to the last advised address for payment within 7 days. Failure to make such payment will result in referral to an Authorised Debt Collection Agency.
Family Assistance (FAO)
- Families may be eligible to receive assistance from the Commonwealth Government towards the cost of child care fees – CCS (Child Care Subsidy)
- It is the responsibility of families to apply for this assistance, please see www.humanservices.gov.au or contact your nearest Family Assistance Office – 136150
- It is the responsibility of the families to ensure their records with Centrelink are up to date.